- 3 MBE growth chambers with long and very successful history of nanostructures growth
- Newly installed dual growth chamber GENXplor MBE system from VEECO
- Standard and high pressure Bridgman, as well as vapor transport techniques for single crytals growth of Bi, Sb, Pb, Sn, Zn, Cd chalcogenides and Cd, Zn arsenides, all doped with transition metals
Equipment for nanostructurization of topological materials and for making devices:
- Electron beam lithography (EBL), focused ion beam (FIB) lithography, and photolithography
- ZEISS Auriga – CrossBeam Workstation
- Reactive Ion Etching (RIE) Inductive Coupled Plasma (ICP) Source (Chlorine) and ICP-RIE with deposition PECVD (Fluorine)
- Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) – Remote plasma & thermal ALD FlexAL Oxford
- UHV Sputtering System with electron gun sources
Equipment for characterisation and advanced studies of topological materials and devices:
- Dry Dilution Refrigerator Triton 400 Oxford Instruments (temperature range: without magnet: 10 mK – 300 K, with magnet: 10 mK- 30 K
- Cathodoluminescence and Electron Beam Induced Current (EBIC) down to 5 K based on ZEISS EVO HD15 electron microscope (see picture below)
- Set up for quantum transport characterization
- Set up for Optical characterization
- SQUID magnetometers Two SQUID magnetometers Quantum Design MPMS XL, 1.9 – 400 K (800 K with added apparatus), up to 5 T in AC, DC, RSO modes.
- Scanning electron microscope ZEISS Auriga – CrossBeam Workstation (Ion imaging resolution of 2.5 nm at 30 kV, electron imaging resolution 1 nm at 15 kV ).