ID Oferty: #JOB18/2023
Job Title: Doctor with Advanced Research and Development Experience, specialist in theory of semiconductors and magnetic semiconductors.
Job Summary: Conducting theoretical studies of topological matter based on II-VI and IV-VIcompounds doped with magnetic ions in one of the theoretical teams in International Centre for Interfacing Magnetism and Superconductivity with Topological Matter –MagTop (ON6), see: www.magtop.ifpan.edu.pl
Key responsibilities include:
- carrying out theoretical studies of spin-dependent interactions between magnetic ions in topological II-VI and IV-VI semiconductors, including topological insulators,
semimetals, topological crystalline insulators, and other topological materials.
- critical analysis of existing theoretical and experimental data concerning magnetic topological matter
- preparing scientific publications
- preparing patent application concerning novel ideas
- collaboration with experimentalists and theoreticians working on topological matter
Research activity of MagTop is described in its agenda. The International Centre for Interfacing Magnetism and Superconductivity with Topological Matter – MagTop is the Division (ON-6) of the Institute of Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences and is funded by a grant awarded to Professors Tomasz Dietl and Tomasz Wojtowicz within the International Research Agendas programme of the Foundation for Polish Science, carried out from the funds of the European Regional Development Fund under the Smart Growth Operational Programme (SG OP), Priority Axis 4: Increasing the research potential, Measure 4.3: International Research Agendas . MagTop activities involve strong local and international collaborations, the strategic partner unit being Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg, Germany, particularly the Institute EP3 headed by Professor Laurens W. Molenkamp.
Main research field: Physics
Sub Research Field: Condensed matter physics
Career Stage: PhD degree in physics with at least 10 years of research experience after the PhD
- A proven ability for outstanding research and team work, which are reflected in applicant’s publications,
- Extensive experience in theoretical studies of II-VI, III-V or IV-VI semiconductors, including magnetic topological semiconductors supported by publications
- Experience in envelope function and/or tight-binding methods in application to semiconductors.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English (knowledge of Polish is not required)
Research Profile (details): Established Researcher (R3)
Type of Contract: Work contract untill December 31, 2023
Status: 3/4 of a full–time job
Salary: Depending on qualifications: up to 11500 PLN per month (before taxes) for ¾ full–time work.
More information can be obtained by sending an e-mail to: open_positions@MagTop.ifpan.edu.pl or to Prof. Tomasz Dietl (dietl@MagTop.ifpan.edu.pl)
Application deadline: March 30 th, 2023, later applications may be considered
- Curriculum Vitae (up to 3 pages)
- Full list of publications
- Motivation letter, please mention earliest possible starting date (1 page)
- Contact data (e-mail) to, at least two potential referees, who agreed to provide letter of support
- Consent to process your personal data (expressed on the form attached to this announcement)
- Certificate of obtaining a doctorate issued by an institution recognized in Poland.
All materials should be submitted in electronic form with Job ID in the subject to two addresses: email@example.com and open_positions@MagTop.ifpan.edu.pl
DATA PROCESSING UNDER CONSENT FOR THE PURPOSES OF RECRUITMENT
Under Art. 13 sections 1 and 2 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data ProtectionResolution), EU OJ L 119 of 04.05.2016, page 1, as amended, hereinafter referred to as „GDPR”, wehereby inform as follows:
- The Data Controller of the provided personal data is the Institute of Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Al. Lotników 32/46, 02-668 Warsaw, phone (22) 116-2111, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact details to the Data Protection Officer are as follows: e-mail email@example.com
- Your personal data shall be processed for the purpose of carrying out the recruitment process for theposition of Doctor with Advanced Research and Development Experience.
- Processing of your personal data in scope of: full name, date of birth, correspondence address, information about education and course of past employment shall take place under Art. 22¹ § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 – Labour Code. In the scope in which you sent to us more personal data than indicated above, we process your data under the consent granted by you.
- Your personal data shall be stored for 1 month from completion of the recruitment process. If you grant consent for processing of personal data for future recruitments, we shall process your data until withdrawal of the consent by you, however, no longer than for the period of 6 months from the day of submittal of the application by you.
- Provision of the abovementioned data in the scope indicated above is a statutory requirement resulting from Art. 22¹ § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 – Labour Code, in the remaining scope it is voluntary. Failure to provide the data referred to in Art. 22¹ § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 – Labour Code precludes consideration of your candidacy for the offered position.
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify them, erase them, restrict their processing.
- You may submit a complaint to the Inspector General for the Protection of Personal Data.
- You have the right to withdraw the consent to process your personal data in the scope in which they were provided at any time. Withdrawing the consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
I grant my consent to the Institute of Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences to process my personal data contained in the sent recruitment documents for the purpose of carrying out the recruitment processfor the position of Doctor with Advanced Research and Development Experience .
If you want us to consider your candidacy also in the future recruitment processes, please grant the additional consent:
I grant my consent to the Institute of Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences to process my personal data contained in the sent recruitment documents in future recruitment processes taking place during 6 months from the day of appearance of this job advertisement.